Our Training Department has been hard at work developing new training classes for diesel technicians and we’re ready to announce our newest class: Electrical Diagnostics 2! This new class will be a full-day, in-person training class. While it’s not required, it is strongly recommended that students take Electrical Diagnostics 1 beforehand because Electrical Diagnostics 2 will be a continuation of the first class. Typically, we will offer the Electrical 1 the day before Electrical 2. The first class will be on September 18th at our new building in Irmo, SC.
This class will start with a brief overview of Electrical Diagnostics 1 concepts and then the instructor will cover topics such as:
- Sensor operation and diagnostics
- How to troubleshoot each type of sensor
- How to test some of the sensors using a multimeter
- Advanced multimeter functions
- An in-depth explanation of schematic symbols with examples
- Different methods of wiring repair
- How to solder and repair wiring harnesses
- Repair a connector or run an overlay
Students will also have the chance to get hands-on experience with these concepts through:
- Testing advanced sensors on a live vehicle
- Working through lab stations where students practice wiring repair such as soldering, terminal crimping, and connector repair
Our first class for Electrical Diagnostics 2 will be on September 18th, 2019. Class will be from 8AM-5PM and lunch will be provided for all students. This class takes place at our new building in Irmo, SC. All students will be responsible for their own travel and hotel accommodations.