The Diesel Laptops Digital DEF Refractometer is the ideal tool for testing Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) quality. Diesel Exhaust Fluid is used in every commercial truck since 2010, and all off highway diesel engines had to meet Tier IV guidelines in 2014. This means there are literally millions of diesel engines in use every day that require DEF to operate properly.
Having poor quality Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) can ruin your DEF Pump Module, DEF Doser and even your SCR Catalyst. To avoid these costly repairs, DEF quality must be checked often and there is no easier way to check your DEF quality than with the Diesel Laptops Digital DEF Refractometer.
Digital DEF Refractometer Features
Remove the possibility of human error when reading sight glass measurements from non-digital models. Sight glass Refractometer readings can also be greatly effected by poor lighting condition and technician viewing angles. These problems go away with a digital model.
Automatic Temperature Compensation
With traditional, manual DEF Refractometers the temperature of the surrounding air can influence the readings, and if not taken into account will give inaccurate results. This digital Refractometer includes a sensor to read ambient air temperature and calibrates itself accordingly.
- Easy to carry case
- Digital DEF Refractometer
- Eye Dropper
How to use the Digital DEF Refractometer
To calibrate your DEF Refractometer, follow the steps outlined below.
- Fill the included eye dropper with distilled water and set aside for step 3
- Power on the Diesel Laptops Digital DEF Refractometer.
- Use the eye dropper to fill the sight glass with distilled water.
- Close the lid.
- Hold “CAL” button for two seconds to enter calibration mode.
- Press “CAL” button once more to calibrate.
Once calibrated, your DEF Rafractometer is ready to measure the quality of your Diesel Exhaust Fluid. To test a sample, follow the steps outlined below:
- Use the eye dropper to gather a small sample of Diesel Exhaust Fluid.
- Fill the sight glass with the Diesel Exhaust Fluid.
- Close the lid.
- Press the “READ” button to take a measurement.
- (Make multiple measurements by pressing the button multiple times.)