Diamond Logic Builder – International Cab and Chassis Software
Previous to February of 2017, Navistar (Also known as International Truck and Engine), had sold Diamond Logic Builder to the general public in several formats. The first was using part number 828005, and it was an “offline” version that did not require Internet access. It also was a lifetime license in the fact it never expired. The negative was that the software program was not able to be updated since it had no connectivity to Navistar servers. This version would allow you read all your cab and chassis sensors, and also perform basic commands such as honking the horn, turning lights off, etc.
International had also sold Diamond Logic Builder Level 2 and Level 3 access to the public as well. Both of these required approval from your local dealership. The Level 2 access would allow you to do minor changes and updates, while Level 3 allowed you to do complete logic programming and ECU software updates. Both Level 2 and Level 3 required an annual fee, and Level 3 also required a hands-on training class from International. Level 3 was intended for body builders that were placing equipment on the vehicles and needed the ability to program lights, switches, controls, and more.
Even at the dealership level, Navistar restricts this software. A technician at working at the local International dealership would be granted access to Level 2 Diamond Logic Builder, but would not receive further access until they completed the online training with Navistar.
Diamond Logic Builder Fleet/Online Edition
In February of 2017, Navistar has discontinued the release of part number 828005 mentioned above. They have now re-packaged it as “Diamond Logic Builder Fleet (DLB)” software. The software itself is exactly the same as before, along with the subscription levels. What has changed is that DLB is now an annual fee, instead of a license. It also requires you to create an account with Navistar, which is free. The program also checks against Navistar servers for updates, so you software program will stay updated during the course of the subscription period.
The subscription levels have also changed slightly, as it is still offered in 3 different levels:
- Level 1 – Diagnostics only
- Level 2 – Diagnostics and Parameter Programming (User has to complete free web training to get this level)
- Level 3 – Diagnostics, Parameter Programming, and Advanced Logic (Requires completion of Navistar instructor led training)
Level 1 access is usually good enough for 99% of the customers out there, as it lets you perform all of the basic commands. This includes things such as:
- Read and Clear Diagnostic Fault Codes
- View Vehicle Parameters and Features
- Bi-Directional Control of Electrical Components
- View Switch Location and Cluster Configuration
- Automatic Module Detection
- Graph Parameters
- Record Snapshots
Advanced Logic Programming
Customers often ask why they would need Level 2 or 3, so here are some examples of what you can do with Advanced Logic:
- Emergency Vehicles – You can program customized flash patterns and horn sounds.
- Armored Car – Set warning alarms if doors are open under certain conditions (Think of having an alarm go off if any door of the armored car is open while doing more then 0 mph).
- Dry Van – Configure the rear body door to lock when the front door lock switch is turned on or off.
- Dump Trucks – Set driver warning lamps for low hydraulic oil to prevent damage to that system.
- Waste Trucks – Use of body equipment, PTO, packer, or engine speed re tried to specific safety conditions that must be met.
As you can see, the ideas and possibilities are pretty much endless. Most of the time this functionality is needed for body and equipment manufacturers/installers, but there are times a repair shop or fleet may need this functionality as well.
Additional Information on DLB
Navistar has been kind enough to produce some high quality PDFs for your viewing enjoyment on Diagmond Logic Builder.
- DLB User Guide (Covers Basic & Parameter Changing) – Diamond_Logic_Builder_DLB_User_Guide.pdf (359 downloads)
- DLB Advanced User Guide (Covers DLB Logic Programming) – DLB Advanced Guide (253 downloads)
- DLB Electrical Systems – Diamond Logic Builder Electrical Systems.pdf (253 downloads)
- DLB Software Explained – Diamond Logic Builder Software Explained.pdf (189 downloads)
- DLB Solutions Guide – Diamond Logic Builder Solutions Guide.pdf (252 downloads)
Training for Diamond Logic Builder Level 2
By default, you will only have Level 1 access with Diamond Logic Builder. In order to obtain Level 2 access so that you have the ability to do slight programming of parameters, you need to complete an online training course with International. You can follow these steps to do this:
- Create a free account on the Navistar Eduation Website
- Navigate to Service Training -> All Service Courses – Retail -> Diamond Logic® Builder Level 2 Retail Course
Upon completion of the training, you will receive Level 2 access with International.
Where to Purchase Diamond Logic Builder & Minimum Specs
Diamond Logic Builder is available for purchase on our website, at this link: http://diesellaptops.com/Navistar-Diamond-Logic-Builder-DLB-Online-Edition-828005-DLB.htm
The following are the minimum specifications for DLB:
- Pentium 4 class process with a minimum 1 GHz of speed
- 512 MB of RAM
- 150MB of free hard disk space
- Operating System of Windows 7, XP, 2000 or Vista
- One or more RP1210A compatible communication devices
- Any type of high speed Internet connection